Buying a home can be a scary process, especially if you’re a first-time home buyer. In my personal experience, when I’m dealing with anything stressful, the best thing I can do is try to be as informed as possible and ask myself questions about the thing causing my stress.
At Clayton, we give you a wide variety of home models to choose from, and while it’s great that you have so many options, it can also be overwhelming. Allow me to try to make this process as enjoyable as possible by offering some questions to ask yourself about your needs and wants for your new home.
A great tip to help ease some of the stress that comes with home buying is to make a list before beginning your home search.
First, list all the essentials you’ll need.
Then add a list of amenities and additional features you would like to have in your new home.
By doing this before visiting a home center you’ll have a better idea of exactly what type of home you’re looking for, and home consultants can show you homes similar to what your list describes.
Here’s 20 questions to help you get started:
- What’s your budget?
- How many square feet are you looking for?
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you need?
- Would you prefer a more traditional floor plan or a more modern, open floor plan?
- Should the primary bedroom and other bedrooms be in separate parts of the house?
- What kind of spaces are most important to you, such as bedrooms, kitchen, family room, bathrooms, etc.?
For The Interior
- Do you need built-in storage space? Where would you like that space to be located?
- Do you want full bathrooms with both a tub and shower?
- Do you need a laundry room? How big does it need to be?
- What features do you need in your kitchen?
- Do you need a formal dining room or breakfast bar? Both?
For The Exterior
- Do you want a porch, patio or deck?
- What about a garage or carport?
- What types and colors of siding would you consider for the exterior?
- What type of walls would you like on the interior? Dry wall or paneling?
- Are you looking for an elevated roof pitch?
- Will your home be all electric, natural gas or both?
- Is having energy efficient features important to you?
- Do you want shutters for your window exteriors?
- What type of flooring do you want?
Evaluating your wants and needs can help you begin your home buying journey and find the perfect home for you and your family more quickly! After you find your perfect home, you get to find the perfect place to place your manufactured home so you and your family can enjoy it for a lifetime.