Why LEED Certification?
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) is the nation's preeminent program for the design, construction and operation of high performance green building.
LEED certiﬁcation provides independent, third-party verification that a building is achieving high performance in key areas of human and environmental health:
- Conserve energy & water
- Reduce waste sent to landfills
- Be healthier & safer for occupants
- Reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions
- Lower operating costs
4th LEED - Existing Building
CERTIFIED BUILDING IN THE STATE OF TENNESSEE
14th LEED - Existing Building
CERTIFIED BUILDING IN THE SOUTHEAST
- Energy efficient lighting retrofit
- HVAC timers & efficiencies
- Irrigation controls
- Touch-less, flow control faucets
- Recycling stations for team members
- Waterless urinals
- Optimize use of natural lighting
- Motion sensors in team rooms
Clayton conserves enough energy annually to power 101 homes for an entire year, saves almost 1,335,000 gallons of water annually, recycles over 1,000,000 lbs of waste (56% of our waste stream) and provides a healthy building environment for our employees which includes a wellness center and an on-site cafe.